Linocut (Printmaking) Workshop
Ages 12 and up, open to the public
November 1 from 10:00am-2:30pm
November 2 from 1:00-5:00pm
Workshop led by artist Brittany Madalone!
No prior printmaking experience is required, and each student will leave the class with multiple final prints created from their linocut block.
Welcome to the special and accessible art of linocut! Carving relief prints in a linoleum block is a meditative and physical process that yields beautiful rewards.
Relief printing is a technique in which the printing surface is carved away so that the image alone appears raised on the surface. You will explore how value, positive and negative shapes and carving techniques create striking images. Techniques include transferring images to linoleum, carving and printing with oil-based inks by hand.
$50.00 per participant
Call today to reserve your spot in the workshop! 501-336-8200!!
- Summer Camps: Registration Now Open!
- Music Recital – April 2017
- Professor Bird
- Spring Art Gallery
- Dance Intensive Camp
- April Painting & Pizza Class
- Blackbird Academy Season Launch Party
- Stacey Peters –
- The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Stage Combat Master Class
- Adult Pottery
- Student Showcase
- Painting & Pizza Class
- Suzanna Garrison
- Brett McLaughlin – Dance Instructor
- Melodie Moore – Dance Instructor
- Tiffeny Crow – Dance Instructor
- Megan Hustel – Dance Instructor
- Sydney Wiley
- Megan Bailey
- Nicole Cramer – Music Instructor
- Lorna Hefley – Visual Arts Instructor
- Hailey Hayes – Dance Instructor
- Mary Stovall
- Madison Wilson – Artistic Assistant
- Carmen Chenault – Dance Instructor
- Sarah Cain – Voice Instructor
- Trent Reese – Theatre Instructor
- Rachel Herman – Violin Instructor
- Dawn Murphy – Sewing Instructor
- June Simmons – Creative Writing Instructor
- Julie Isom – Visual Art Instructor
- Heather Paladino – Operations Manager & Dance Instructor
- Carrie Gifford – Financial Coordinator
- Travis Sellers – Artistic Director
- Cecelia Cecil – Operations Director
- Jennie Strange – Executive Director
- Fall Registration